Refer Someone to Caris
If you have a friend, family member or client who you think could benefit from our services the following FAQs will help you understand more about who we are and how we provide our services to determine whether it’s the right fit. If you have any additional questions about our services, please contact us to speak with one of our counselors.
Who should I refer to Caris?
We serve any woman facing an unexpected pregnancy. During a woman’s decision-making process, we offer a safe place to sort through her feelings and figure out her next steps through our professional counseling program. In addition, we offer case management and referrals to a wide variety of community resources. No matter what decision a woman makes, our free services are available for as long as she needs assistance around her unexpected pregnancy.
We also serve women who parent after an unplanned pregnancy through our Connection Group program. Connection groups are a holistic, counseling-based peer model offering emotional support and practical resources to empower women who are single parents.
- Caris serves any woman during and after an unplanned pregnancy, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, and religion—and regardless of the decision she makes about her pregnancy.
- All of our services are free of charge.
- Our mission is to help women thrive during and after an unplanned pregnancy.
What will a woman experience when she comes to Caris?
- Counseling staff with a master’s degrees in counseling or social work who specialize in the unique needs of women facing unplanned pregnancy and single parenting.
- Pro-Grace® approach—Our mission is to provide the emotional support and practical resources that women need to thrive during and after an unplanned pregnancy. We give women the space to sort through their feelings so they can decide what they want to do. And then we offer them the support and resources they need afterwards.
In addition to our professional counseling, Caris offers our Connection Groups to pregnant and parenting women:
- Holistic, counseling-based, peer-to-peer small groups.
- Groups meet at Caris locations and area churches
- All church locations are certified in the Pro-Grace Approach and overseen by a Caris counselor
What does it mean that you’re faith-based?
Caris is a Christian, non-profit, 501(C)3 organization. We are 100% privately funded by individuals, foundations and churches. Our faith is our motivation to serve women and children in need. We do this through our Pro-Grace professional counseling and resource service model. All of our counseling staff are master’s level counselors or social workers. We serve any woman who comes to Caris, regardless of age, race, ethnicity or religion.
Do you take a political stance on unplanned pregnancy or abortion?
Caris does not take a political stance on the issue of unplanned pregnancy and abortion. We are a Pro-Grace pregnancy counseling and resource organization that exists to help women and children thrive during and after unplanned pregnancy.