Anyone who comes to Caris is given the opportunity to receive a free pregnancy test.
- Our tests are lab-quality and 99% accurate.
- The results are immediate, so you will not have to wait to find out whether your test is positive or negative.
- If your test is positive, we can provide you with a confirmation.
- If your test is negative and your period is late, it could be too early to know for sure. You would be invited to come back in 7–10 days for a retest.
- When you receive your results, you will be seated in a comfortable and private room. Anything that you discuss with your counselor during your time at Caris will be kept confidential.
What to Expect
Once you know the results of your test, your counselor is available to spend as much time as you need, helping you understand the test and answering any questions you may have. Any help you need or any concerns you have will be kept between you and your counselor. You can feel safe with her, knowing that what you share stays in the counseling room.
- “When I went to Caris, I was expecting a lot of judging looks, but it wasn’t what I expected. The receptionist was really warm and welcoming.”
- “I googled ‘free pregnancy test’ and Caris came up right away. I decided to go to Caris immediately. I was scared, and the comforting atmosphere immediately helped me calm my nerves.”
Common Pregnancy Symptoms
Every woman’s experience with pregnancy is a little bit different. Some common symptoms include:
- Missed Period
- Tender or swollen breasts
- Frequent bathroom use
- Nausea or vomiting
- Being very tired
- Feeling light-headed or fainting
- Food cravings or aversions or a change of appetite
However, some of these symptoms may be experienced for reasons other than pregnancy. The only way to know for sure is to come in for a pregnancy test. Call or walk in to get a pregnancy test and meet with one of our counselors.
Watch this 2 minute video to hear stories from women who have come to Caris.
“When I missed my period, I took seven home pregnancy tests. I looked at them one at a time, and they all said the same thing—positive. I was in shock. I was freaking out. This was not part of my plan. I googled “free pregnancy test” because I wanted to be sure it was true. I didn’t have my own insurance, and I didn’t want my parents to find out, so I needed someplace free and confidential. Caris helped me put together a plan and supported me with whatever I needed.”